Another farmer's market find - flat green beans. Known as Italian Flat beans, or Helda beans - depends where you are from! This could easily be made with any kind of green bean, I just happened to have a lot of these.
I really love simple side dishes, and usually don't think of them as the star of the show. I think these beans gave the main dish a run for its money!
CITRUS GREEN BEANS
- 10-12oz (300-350g) green beans, sliced
- 1oz (30g) butter
- zest and juice of half a lime
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, and add the green beans. Cook for around 5 minutes until desired done-ness is reached.
- Drain green beans in a colander, and add the butter to the pot and heat until melted. Add the zest and juice, and mix to combine.
- Add in the beans and stir.