I went searching for a good hamburger bun recipe, and tried a few. This one came out fabulous. Soft rolls, delicious taste, was awesome with our burgers. A
I particularly like it that I the bread machine did all the work for me, but if you don't have a bread machine, I'm pretty sure it's easy enough to convert (although I haven't tried it). This is how I'd do it: I'd mix the dough, and knead until you get a smooth ball, then put in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise until it doubles. Punch it down, turn out onto a floured surface. Shape your rolls, and let them rise again.
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Melted butter and sesame seeds
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface, cut into 8 equal pieces (use a scale, if you must).
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes. Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done.