Brussels Sprouts are a love em or hate em kind of deal in most households, and thankfully in mine - we all love them. Overcooking Brussels Sprouts is a CRIME. When they become limp and mushy (and bitter), it's all over. I think a lot of people have had them poorly prepared, and think they hate them which is such a shame!
We make them until they're cooked, but still have a bite to them. They're a bright green color and they're fabulous with bacon. But then again, what isn't?
PAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH SHALLOTS AND BACON
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced fine (can sub 1/2 an onion)
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the shallots over medium heat until tender.
- Add Brussels Sprouts, and put the lid on the skillet, and let cook for around 8 minutes (stirring occasionally)
- Let the sprouts get brown on the bottom.
- When they're cooked to your preferred level of doneness - remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese over the top, serve.