Right, so.... having never had quinoa before (I'll wait while you gasp in shock), I figured I needed to get on that bandwagon and at least give it a try.
I saw these on Mel's Kitchen Cafe and thought this would be a great way to lose my quinoa-virginity. Yeah, I just said that.
These came together super easily, and were happily taste tested by the toddler, who thought it was a cookie (hey, whatever works for ya, kid). I liked these, and added them to some arugula and called it "lunch".
Source: Adapted slightly from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
QUINOA PATTIES WITH SRIRACHA "DIP"
- 1 Cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/4 Cups chicken or vege broth
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about 3/4 of a sleeve)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sriracha