I do love me some one pot dinners (are we seeing a theme here yet?) This one was a lot more filling than expected. It fed two
garbage guts guys, my Mum and me and we still had leftovers. The toddler didn't bother to try this one, and opted for yogurt. Whatever. More for me!
It isn't overly spicy (but you could kick it up a notch if you aren't attempting to feed kids) but has a lovely, robust flavor.
Aussies and Kiwis and anyone who doesn't have access to crescent rolls (Hi Mum!): You could use flaky pastry dough instead and it would rock. Probably more so, since more dough is always good!
Give it a try!
Source: Adapted from www.pillsbury.com
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspooon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) chopped green chillies
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream style sweet corn
- 1lb package of ready made polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can crescent rolls